Friday, February 22, 2013

Catching Up Again

AGAIN SO SORRY FOR THE LAG IN POSTS PLEASE ENJOY :)


Again I find myself well behind in updates.  There is always plenty to do around here and little time for posting. We did some dog sitting so we had three extra sled dogs here and I got to run 7 dogs. That was really fun and a little scary. A lot more power than 3 dogs.

We had a good Christmas this year. The kids were spoiled as always.


For New Years we had some friends over and we had a small camp fire and set off some small fireworks. We put a pack of “Funky Flames” in the fire and it made the flames some pretty cool colors. It was pretty nice out only around -10*F or so.  That meant that the kids were able to stay out and enjoy themselves longer.  We were all still in bed by 9:00pm.



Truck Project
Ken and Darryl have started a truck project. They each bought a 1996 Ford F350 from our pastor. Ken already had an F350 of the same year. The one we bought was for parts and the one that my parents bought is to be made reliable. Here are some before pictures of the three trucks hopefully I will be adding some after pictures soon as they switch parts around. First they plan to do some swapping with the beds, and bumpers. 


January also brought Darryl and my mom's birthdays. For Darryl's Birthday we went up to their cabin for a lasagna dinner. For my mom's birthday I hosted a steak dinner. Lisa and I made her a beautiful cake the prettiest I have ever made and of coarse I never once remembered to get out the camera so not a single picture.



February so far has been a lot of fun. We are pet sitting for some friends so I get to drive my dogs over every day it's a great excuse to run them. Ken has even been coming along in the sled so the girls are getting a great work out. 


The girls are enjoying their time in the house after a run. I think they would pull the sled right into the front door if they could. Yesterday Ken brought my sled in and we made some repairs like a new brush bow.


Here are some random pictures from this month and some shots of the inside and outside of the cabin.



The boys turned 4 this February.



And Lisa Turned 6


So I will wrap this up here so that I can get this posted.





While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Psalm 146:2 KJV

Blessings :)


3 comments:

  1. Lookslike you had a lot of fun since your last post. I just picked up a new sled, it is a Joe May sled and I really like it. Can't wait to take it out. Glad to see you are back posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures of your family. Everyone looks healthy & happy! Glad to see you all doing well in the far north. Thank you for sharing. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your site is looking good .. SPRING is UPON YOU PRETTY SOON up there in Manley .. here in India .. SUMMER is upon us in the South in Tamil Nadu .. good to be in touch .. Cap ..

    ReplyDelete